The Club is based in the gym at Burgess Hill School, Keymer Road, Burgess Hill and meets at the school on most Wednesdays. There are some exceptions to this (see below) so please check this website or phone another member to be sure. Changing and showering facilities are available at the School.
As a rough guide, sessions will usually be as follows:
Beginners 30 mins 2-3 miles
Improvers 45 mins 3-4 miles
Development 60 mins 5-6 miles
Performance 75 mins 7-9 miles
Winter (mid August - May)
- From Burgess Hill School out to a variety of destinations in Burgess Hill (well lit and quiet where possible)
- There are monthly sessions at the track at Lewes Leisure Centre, Mountfield Road, Lewes (1945-2100 hrs). These are usually the first Wednesday in the month but this is confirmed by email/website/Facebook/Google Groups. Track sessions are primarily for speed or speed endurance. Changing and showering facilities are available at the Leisure Club. We also meet afterwards at The Swan, Southover High Street, Lewes.
Summer (May – mid August)
- From Burgess Hill School out onto footpaths to a variety of destinations in the countryside surrounding Burgess Hill.
- Meet at the school but then drive to a variety of countryside locations 5-10km from Burgess Hill.
- Three WSFRL races, preparation for our own WSFRL race and an annual handicap race also fall on summer Wednesdays and training sessions are adapted on these occasions.
The format for groups will usually be:
- A 15 minute full warm up during which time club announcements are made; this is followed by a gentle/steady run.
- The training session itself; this will usually consist of two or three components followed by a run back to the school.
- A ten minute stretch/warm down during which time any (reminder) announcements are made.
- Meeting at a local hostelry to socialise and compare notes on the evening’s experience!