Responsible for the performance and development of the members and coaches of the club. This includes the beginners groups, the Performance and Development Squads (PS and DS) and the Academy.
· Maintaining the Schedule of coaching for PS and DS. Trying to ensure a good balance in the coaching provided, and numbers in each group.
· Appointment of all coaches including in the beginners groups
· Monitoring the training and development of all coaches
· Acting as mentor for the PS and DS coaches
· Organising quarterly coaches meetings and the agenda for these
· Developing the coaching provided
· Liaison with England Athletics (EA) on coaching training and development.
· Communication with club overall on coaching issues
· Book external coaching and facilities
· Develop internal coaching capability
· Organise helpers
· Market the Academy in schools
· Lobby for financial assistance eg MSDC
· Discussions with Town and District Councils on club promotion, mid Sussex Marathon, 321 and Green Crescent.
· Meetings on provision of a track with HHH, Town and District Councils, HH Rugby club, and EA funders.
· Booking of Lewes track for annual usage on Weds nights PS and DS
· Liaison with EA and Sussex Network on all club issues generally
Race Director for Downlands Fayre Five
· Apply for Permit, application form, risk assessment etc
· Organise BHR marshalls
· Provide entry, timekeeping and results service
· Mark out the route on the day
· Team Manager for Mens and Womens XC teams
· Drafting of Five Year Plan for BHR
· Occasional leader of Sunday long runs and Friday pub runs
Who's Who Gallery >