The Treasurer is responsible for managing the finances of the club and maintaining accurate financial records. Although the Treasurer has primary responsibility for the finances, he/she must work closely with the other members of the committee and it is essential that the finances are handled in accordance with the constitution and with the decisions of the committee.
What does the Treasurer do:
The Treasurer is ultimately responsible for:
• regularly reporting to the committee on the financial position;
• looking after the finances of the organisation;
• collecting subscriptions and all money due to the organisation;
• paying bills on time and recording the information;
• keeping up-to-date records for all financial transactions;
• ensuring that funds are spent properly;
• presenting an end-of-year financial report to the Annual General Meeting;
• financial planning including producing an annual budget and monitoring it throughout the year;
• helping to prepare and submit any statutory documents that are required.
Who's Who Gallery >